My name is Hair Parra, Data Engineer & Data Scientist at Cisco, and B.A. C.S., Statistics, and Linguistics graduate at McGill University. I'm a machine learning, statistics, NLP, and data science enthusiast, a technical article writer, and a lifelong learner. This blog-portfolio contains various of my articles and achievements, as well as links to my other professional sites. Feel free to contact me by LinkedIn for any industry or academic purposes!
Sequential models: certification
I'm so proud to finally have completed the last course on #sequence#models from deeplearning.ai 's deep learning specialization by Andrew Ng!! This was a challenging but truly enriching and exciting course which taught me about:
- Sequential data
- Recurrent Neural Networks: vanilla #rnn's, GRU's and #lstm 's
- Language models and sequence generation
- Vanishing and exploding #gradients in RNN's
- Bi-directional RNN's
- Word embeddings: Properties and applications, analogies, Word2Vec (Skip-gram and CBOW) and Glove models
- Bias and debiasing of word embeddings
- Sequence-to-sequence architectures
- Image captioning
- #machinetranslation : Conditional language models, Beam search, length normalization, BLEU score and the #Attention model.
- Applications to face encoding, basic speech recognition (trigger word detection)